Home > Veterans > Take classes as a non-degree student

Take a class as a non-degree/guest student

The application process to use your benefits as a non-degree veteran student is the same as a degree-seeking veteran student. Contact us with questions about using your veteran benefits for non-degree coursework. The federal GI Bill® can be used for two semesters of non-degree coursework while you are applying to a degree program at the University of Minnesota.

What to do next:

Important Dates

Billing & Payment

Fri, Nov 15, 2019 Fall payment due in full (or third payment if enrolled in payment plan)
Mon, Dec 2, 2019 Fourth billing statement for fall available (new charges and past-due balances only, due date: 12/15/19)
Sun, Dec 15, 2019 Fall payment due in full (for new charges and/or past due balances)


Tue, Nov 12, 2019 Spring semester registration begins for students admitted to degree or certificate programs
Fri, Dec 6, 2019 Spring registration opens for non-degree and visiting students
Thu, Dec 19, 2019 End of fall semester