If a class is full, you can check to see if there is a wait list available. By adding yourself to a wait list you will be automatically registered for the class if you are the top of the wait list, a spot becomes available, and the new class doesn't create a time conflict in your schedule. Ensure your schedule will allow for the wait listed class or use the swap or future swap option.
Some classes do not have wait lists and you will need to receive permission from the class instructor to register for the class.
You can remove yourself from a wait list at any time before you are registered for the class. Wait lists are automatically closed and cleared at 11:59 p.m. the day before the first day of classes. After you are registered, if you no longer want to take the class, you must drop the class. If you decide to drop the class be mindful of drop/add and refund deadlines.
How to add yourself to a wait list
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the appropriate term and click Continue. If you are only eligible for one term, you will skip this step.
- Add the classes you would like to your Shopping Cart. Enter a class number or use the class search.
- If a class is full and a waitlist is available, it will be indicated by an orange triangle that says wait list.
- Check the Wait list if class is full box to indicate that you would like to add yourself to the wait list.
- Note that you will be automatically enrolled from the wait list if a space becomes available. Click Ok on the message.
- Now that the class has been added to your shopping cart, click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to continue.
- Confirm you want to be added to the class wait list and then click the Finish Enrolling button.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates you were successfully added to the class wait list.
- You can also go to My Class Schedule to verify that you are on the wait list and check the class status.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.
Wait list situations
I can't add myself to waitlist
You can't add yourself to a wait list if:
- It's before your registration appointment time
- You haven't met all prerequisites for the class
- A waitlist is not available for the class
- The waitlist has no available seats
- You have a registration hold on your account
- It's after the first day of the semester
- You've exceeded your college's maximum number of classes that you can waitlist for
Contact your academic advisor or the class department to discuss alternative options.
I wasn't auto-enrolled from a wait list
You won't be auto-enrolled from a wait list if:
- A spot in the class doesn’t become available
- You have a time conflict with another class you are already enrolled in
- You have reached your maximum semester credits
- You have not met the prerequisites for that particular course
- You will fall below the minimum number of credits required for you as an international student, student athlete, or other status requiring you to remain enrolled in a minimum number of credits
- You are already enrolled in another section of the same course
Wait lists are cleared and closed at 11:59 p.m. the day before the first day of class.