State tuition reimbursement

Members of a state's National Guard may be eligible for state education benefits, like the State Tuition Reimbursement (STR). Requests are approved and processed through your National Guard unit. Contact your unit’s representative for additional information.

Expand all

Minnesota State Tuition Reimbursement

To receive your Minnesota State Tuition Reimbursement (STR) funds after you have completed the term, you must:

  1. Request reimbursement through your Minnesota National Guard unit
  2. Submit a copy of your unofficial transcript and tuition/fee statement to your unit's full-time education representative.

To view eligibility requirements and reimbursement rates, visit the Minnesota National Guard website.

University requirements

Service members must submit their STR application and supporting documents to their unit no later than 90 days from the last official day of the semester. STR is a reimbursement program. If you are using STR, you must pay your student account according to standard payment timelines. University Veteran Services is not able to prevent or delay late fees and registration holds due to an overdue student account for STR recipients.

Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant

Service members must submit their WI National Guard Tuition Grant application to University Veterans Services (UVS) by the end of the term. UVS will complete the University's portion and submit the application to the WI Department of Military Affairs no later than 90 days after the term ends.