Follow the instructions based on the change you'd like to make. We encourage you to talk with your advisor about how the change may affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid.
Change your major or minor
- Tell your current advisor you'd like to change your major or minor. They can advise you on next steps.
- Learn about any requirements needed to make this change.
- Understand how it will affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid.
Add a second major/degree
If you want to earn more than one degree (such as a BA and BS), and the second degree is in a different college:
- Tell your advisor about the change you'd like to make. Learn about the requirements needed to add a second degree.
- Understand how this may affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid.
- Submit the Additional Undergraduate Degree Program Application to One Stop.
Change your college
To transfer from one UMN college to another within the Twin Cities or Rochester campus:
- Talk with your current academic advisor to discuss your plan.
- Understand the transfer requirements and deadlines for applications for the college you're switching to.
Complete the Application for Undergraduate Change of College (requires login, for undergraduates only).
NOTE: This application is for current or previously-enrolled University of Minnesota Twin Cities and Rochester students only. If you are transferring from outside the University, or if this is your first semester at the UMN Twin Cities campus, please visit the Office of Admissions transfer admission page.
|College requirements||Fall deadline||Spring deadline|
|Carlson School of Management (CSOM)||February 1||October 1|
|Center for Learning Innovation||February 1 (priority deadline)||n/a|
|College of Biological Sciences (CBS)||February 1||October 1|
|College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS)||August 1||December 1|
|College of Design (CDES)||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|College of Education and Human Development (CEHD)||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS)||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|College of Liberal Arts (CLA)||August 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|Medical Laboratory Science||June 15 (priority by February 1)||No spring admission|
|College of Science and Engineering (CSE)|
June 1 (priority Feb. 1)
|December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|Mortuary Science||August 15 (priority by Feb. 1)||No spring admission|
|School of Nursing||February 1||No spring admission|
|School of Public Health||August 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||No spring admission|