Follow the instructions based on the change you'd like to make. We encourage you to talk with your advisor about how the change may affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid.
Change your major or minor
- Tell your current advisor you'd like to change your major or minor. They can advise you on next steps.
- Learn about any requirements needed to make this change.
- Understand how it will affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid.
Add a second major/degree
If you want to earn more than one degree (such as a BA and BS), and the second degree is in a different college:
- Tell your advisor about the change you'd like to make. Learn about the requirements needed to add a second degree.
- Understand how this may affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid.
- Submit the Additional Undergraduate Degree Program Application to One Stop.
Change your college
To transfer from one UMN college to another within the Twin Cities or Rochester campus:
- Talk with your current academic advisor to discuss your plan.
- Understand the transfer requirements and deadlines for applications for the college you're switching to.
- Complete the Application for Undergraduate Change of College (requires login, for undergraduates only).
|College requirements||Fall deadline||Spring deadline|
|Carlson School of Management||February 1||October 1|
|Center for Learning Innovation||February 1 (priority deadline)||n/a|
|College of Biological Sciences||February 1||October 1|
|College of Continuing and Professional Studies||August 1||December 1|
|College of Design||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|College of Education and Human Development||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|College of Liberal Arts||June 1 (priority by Feb. 1)||December 1 (priority by Oct. 1)|
|Medical Laboratory Science||June 15 (priority by February 1)||No spring admission|
|College of Science and Engineering||March 1||October 1|
|Mortuary Science||August 15 (priority by Feb. 1)||No spring admission|
|School of Nursing||February 1||No spring admission|