Transfer credit

Learn how to transfer your credits on the Office of Admissions website.

If you are a current University student planning to take a course at another institution, it's a good idea to check and see if that course will transfer back to the University when completed. You can use Transferology to search for courses that fulfill your degree requirements. Learn more about using Transferology to find a replacement course or determine how your completed or in-progress coursework will transfer to the University of Minnesota.

Note: If this is your first time using Transferology, you will need to create a free account.

Submitting a course for review

If your course has not been reviewed in Transferology, you may submit a course for review through the Office of Admissions website. If you have questions about the results or you have unique circumstances, contact your academic advisor.

International coursework

The University of Minnesota's Office of Admissions International unit evaluates coursework of institutions outside the U.S. to determine if they are transferable to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities and if they fulfill the Liberal Education (LE) requirements. Visit the Admissions site for more information.

Transferring courses from another U of M campus

Contact your prospective college advising office if you have questions about transferring credit from another U of M campus, or refer to One Stop’s Guide for Changing your U of M Campus for general information about changing campuses.