Apply to graduate
When you have completed (including current registration) 75% or more of the credits applicable toward your degree, you will be automatically scheduled to graduate. Degree-applicable credits include:
- Major requirements
- Liberal education requirements
- Writing intensive requirements
- Elective requirements to meet minimum degree credits
Contact your advisor for more information.
If at any point in time this information becomes incorrect or your plans change, submit a Request to Change Expected Graduation Term form.
For students who have completed 90 degree credits and wish to apply early, the "Apply to Graduate" link will appear in MyU: Academics. If needed, complete the apply to graduate before the deadline for each term.
If you are pursuing a graduate degree, you must follow the degree completion steps listed for your particular degree.
Apply to graduate
- Confirm and update (if necessary) the name to be printed on your diploma and the mailing address for your diploma. If you do not enter a diploma name and address, we will use your primary name and your permanent (i.e., home) address. More information can be found on the your diploma page.
- Access the application by going to MyU: Academics then the Degree Progress tab.
- Click on the Apply to Graduate link.
- Submit your application for degree no later than the first day of the month you would like to graduate.
- You may only apply to graduate once.
- The Office of the Registrar assumes when you are prepared to graduate based on your submission. See when you should apply based on the month you intend to graduate.
Change expected graduation term
If you need to change your expected graduation term or month after you've applied, but before you've graduated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change degree award date
If you have a legitimate reason, you may request to change your degree award date that appears on your transcript. Your request will be reviewed by committee.
If you are a professional school student, visit your program office or website to obtain detailed information about graduation and graduation dates.
|Fri, Jun 3, 2022||Last day of instruction for May session|
|Mon, Jun 6, 2022||Summer session begins|
|Tue, Jul 5, 2022||Second 4-week summer session begins|
|Mon, May 30, 2022||Last day to apply for undergraduate summer term graduation|
|Wed, Jun 1, 2022||June graduation application deadline for graduate and professional students (monthly clearances only)|
|Fri, Jul 1, 2022||July graduation application deadline for graduate and professional students (monthly clearances only)|