Apply to graduate
When you have completed (including current registration) 75% or more of the credits applicable toward your degree, you will be automatically scheduled to graduate. Degree-applicable credits include:
- Major requirements
- Liberal education requirements
- Writing intensive requirements
- Elective requirements to meet minimum degree credits
Contact your advisor for more information.
If at any point in time this information becomes incorrect or your plans change, submit a Request to Change Expected Graduation Term form.
For students who have completed 90 degree credits and wish to apply early, the Application for Degree link will appear in MyU: Academics. If needed, complete the Application for Degree before the deadline for each term.
If you are pursuing a graduate degree, you must follow the degree completion steps listed for your particular degree.
Application for degree
1. Confirm and update (if necessary) the name to be printed on your diploma and the mailing address for your diploma. If you do not enter a diploma name and address, we will use your primary name and your permanent (i.e., home) address. More information can be found on the your diploma page.
2. Access the application by going to MyU: Academics then the Degree Progress tab.
3. Click on the Apply to Graduate link.
4. Submit your application for degree no later than the first day of the month you would like to graduate.
You may only submit your Application for Degree once.
The Office of the Registrar assumes when you are prepared to graduate based on your submission. See when you should apply based on the month you intend to graduate.
If you have questions or need to change your expected graduation term or month after you have applied, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a professional school student, visit your program office or website to obtain detailed information about graduation and graduation dates.
|Mon, Jul 9, 2018||Second 4-week summer session begins|
|Fri, Aug 3, 2018||Last day of instruction for regular 8-week summer session|
|Fri, Aug 17, 2018||Last day of instruction for 13-week summer session|
|Sun, Jul 1, 2018||July graduation application deadline for graduate and professional students (monthly clearances only)|
|Wed, Aug 1, 2018||August graduation application deadline for graduate and professional students (monthly clearances only)|
|Sat, Sep 1, 2018||September graduation application deadline for graduate and professional students (monthly clearances only)|