Home > Academics > Transfer credit

Transfer credit

Learn how to transfer your credits from the Office of Admissions.

If you are a current University student planning to take a course at another institution, it's a good idea to check and see if that course will transfer back to the University when completed. You can use Transferology to search for courses that fulfill your degree requirements. Learn more about using Transferology to find a replacement course or determine how your completed or in-progress coursework will transfer to the University of Minnesota.

Note: If this is your first time using Transferology, you will need to create a free account.

Submitting a course for review

If your course has not been reviewed in Transferology, you may submit a course for review through the Office of Admissions website. If you have questions about the results or you have unique circumstances, contact your academic advisor.

International coursework

International coursework is not currently displayed in Transferology. Visit the Learning Abroad Center's Academic Planning webpage to use the "U Credit Abroad Search" tool to help you identify international coursework that will transfer.

Transferring courses from another U of M campus

Contact your prospective college advising office if you have questions about transferring credit from another U of M campus, or refer to One Stop’s Guide for Changing your U of M Campus for general information about changing campuses.

Important Dates


Tue, Jul 6, 2021 Second 4-week summer session begins
Fri, Jul 30, 2021 Last day of instruction for regular 8-week summer session
Fri, Aug 13, 2021 Last day of instruction for 13-week summer session