Student veteran orientation
Prior to the start of fall semester, we hold several special orientation sessions for new student veterans and servicemembers. We encourage you to attend an orientation session if you are enrolling for the first time at the University of Minnesota or want to learn more about University Veterans Services. New students, in particular, have found these sessions to be helpful.
We welcome student veterans, service members, and dependents who will use military education benefits to attend a specialized orientation with our office before beginning their enrollment in fall 2018.
No RSVP is needed. Students and families may check-in for the session in University Veterans Services (Bruininks Hall 320). Students are not required attend this session to use military education benefits. Please contact us with questions if you are unavailable at these times.
- Wednesday, June 6, 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 21, 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 12, 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 18, 2:00—3:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 23 2:00—3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 16, 2:00—3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2:00—3:00 p.m.
At the orientation sessions, we will cover:
- Veterans education benefits process
- How benefits impact your financial aid eligibility
- What veterans or military benefits might be available to you
- University policies and procedures for registration, academic progress, student accounts, and more
- Student resources on and off campus
You will receive an email invitation from us for a fall 2018 orientation if you indicated on your admissions application that you are a veteran or are currently serving in the US military.
|Tue, Sep 4, 2018||Fall first semester and first 7-week sessions begin|
|Mon, Sep 10, 2018||Last day to receive a 100% tuition refund for canceling full semester and first 7-week session classes|
|Tue, Oct 23, 2018||Fall second 7-week session begins|