Student veteran orientation
Prior to the start of fall semester, we hold several special orientation sessions for new student veterans and servicemembers. We encourage you to attend an orientation session if you are enrolling for the first time at the University of Minnesota or want to learn more about University Veterans Services. New students, in particular, have found these sessions to be helpful.
For a personalized spring 2018 orientation, please call or drop-in anytime during business hours.
Fall 2018 orientation sessions will be posted in early summer 2018. You will receive an email invitation from us for a fall 2018 orientation if you indicated on your admissions application that you are a veteran or are currently serving in the U.S. Military.
At the orientation sessions, we will cover:
- Veterans education benefits process
- How benefits impact your financial aid eligibility
- What veterans or military benefits might be available to you
- University policies and procedures for registration, academic progress, student accounts, and more
- Student resources on and off campus
|Thu, Mar 1, 2018||Summer semester registration begins for students admitted to degree or certificate programs|
|Thu, Mar 8, 2018||Summer registration opens for non-degree and visiting students|
|Mon, Mar 19, 2018||Spring second 7-week session begins|