Your tuition at the University of Minnesota is assessed according to your:
- Degree or other program registration
- Enrollment level
- Residency status
- Residency in a state or province with a reciprocity agreement
Who is eligible for in-state tuition:
- All veterans with at least 90 days active duty service.
- All current members of the Minnesota Guard and Reserve.
- All individuals using the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship.
- Dependents using Chapter 33 or Chapter 35 benefits.
Eligible individuals maintain status as long as they remain continuously enrolled at the University of Minnesota, even if enrolled in multiple programs.
How do you get in-state tuition applied to your account:
- Veterans: Turn in a copy of your DD214 to us.
- National Guard members and reservists: Turn in enlistment papers, unit reassignment orders, or any official document that lists your current unit of assignment.
- Dependents: Apply for your GI Bill® through the VA. Submit Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to University Veterans Services to get in-state tuition applied to your account.
Billing & Payment
|Mon, Oct 29, 2018||Last day to receive a 100% tuition refund for canceling second 7-week session classes|
|Tue, Oct 30, 2018||Third billing statement for fall available (due date: 11/12/18)|
|Mon, Nov 12, 2018||Fall payment due in full (or third payment if enrolled in payment plan)|