Your tuition at the University of Minnesota is assessed according to your:
- Degree or other program registration
- Enrollment level
- Residency status
- Residency in a state or province with a reciprocity agreement
Who is eligible for in-state tuition:
- All veterans with at least 90 days active duty service.
- All current members of the Minnesota Guard and Reserve.
- All individuals using the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship.
- Dependents using Chapter 33 or Chapter 35 benefits.
Eligible individuals maintain status as long as they remain continuously enrolled at the University of Minnesota, even if enrolled in multiple programs. Dependents lose eligibility when they are no longer using Chapter 33 or 35 benefits. If you lose eligibility for in-state tuition at any point, your University of Minnesota tuition rates will be adjusted accordingly.
How do you get in-state tuition applied to your account:
- Veterans: Turn in a copy of your DD214 to us.
- Guardsmen and reservists: Turn in enlistment papers, unit reassignment orders, or any official document that lists your current unit of assignment.
- Dependents: Apply for your GI Bill through University Veterans Services to get in-state tuition applied to your account.
Billing & Payment
|Fri, Jun 8, 2018||First billing statement for summer available (due date: 6/21/18)|
|Thu, Jun 21, 2018||Summer payment due in full|
|Sun, Jul 8, 2018||Second billing statement for summer available (due date: 7/21/18)|