Your tuition at the University of Minnesota is assessed according to your:
- Degree or other program registration
- Enrollment level
- Residency status
- Residency in a state or province with a reciprocity agreement
Who is eligible for in-state tuition:
- All veterans with at least 90 days active duty service.
- All current members of the Minnesota Guard and Reserve.
- All individuals using the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship.
- Dependents using Chapter 33 or Chapter 35 benefits.
- Chapter 31 participants
Eligible individuals maintain status as long as they remain continuously enrolled at the University of Minnesota, even if enrolled in multiple programs.
How do you get in-state tuition applied to your account:
- Veterans: Turn in a copy of your DD214 to us.
- National Guard members and reservists: Turn in enlistment papers, unit reassignment orders, or any official document that lists your current unit of assignment.
- Dependents: Apply for your GI Bill® through the VA. Submit Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to University Veterans Services to get in-state tuition applied to your account.
Billing & Payment
|Fri, Mar 1, 2019||Spring payment due in full (or second payment if enrolled in payment plan)|
|Tue, Mar 19, 2019||Third billing statement for spring available (due date: 4/1/19)|
|Mon, Mar 25, 2019||Last day to receive a 100% tuition refund for canceling second 7-week session classes|