Student Veteran Orientation
Prior to the start of each fall and spring semester, we hold several special orientation sessions for new student veterans and servicemembers. We encourage you to attend an orientation session if you are enrolling for the first time at the University of Minnesota or want to learn more about University Veterans Services. New students, in particular, have found these sessions to be helpful.
For the spring 2017 University Veterans services will host orientation sessions on:
- January 6, 2017: 9:00-10:00 a.m. in room 333D of Bruininks Hall
- January 10, 2017: 2:00-3:00 p.m. in room 333D of Bruininks Hall
You will receive an email invitation from us if you indicated on your admissions application that you are a veteran or are currently serving in the U.S. Military.
At the orientation sessions, we will cover:
- Veterans education benefits process
- How benefits impact your financial aid eligibility
- What veterans or military benefits might be available to you
- University policies and procedures for registration, academic progress, student accounts, and more
- Student resources on and off campus
|Tue, Apr 11, 2017||Summer registration begins for students admitted to degree or certificate programs|
|Thu, Apr 13, 2017||Fall registration begins for students admitted to degree or certificate programs|
|Tue, Apr 18, 2017||Summer registration opens for non-degree and visiting students|