Skip to main content

Non-educational resources

Get help here for a broad range of non-educational issues, including medical issues, employment, family assistance, housing, and other circumstances common to military-to-civilian life transitions. Please contact the Veterans Resource Office for:

  • Referrals to service providers
  • Information on access to medical clinics, family assistance workers, veterans service officers, employment specialists

Returning servicemembers (OIF/OEF) program

The OIF/OEF program with the VA Medical Center will meet with students in the University Veterans Services office once per week. Students can talk to a Transitional Patient Advocate or a VITAL Outreach Coordinator about using VA Health Care and submitting VA disability claims.

Fall 2015 dates

Appointments and walk-in service are available on the following dates from 8 a.m.-4 p.m:

October 19

November 9

December 14

Students can contact University Veterans Services to set up an appointment
at (612) 625-8076 or; however, appointments are not

On-campus VA counseling is available

Are you facing an academic challenge? Has it been difficult adjusting to civilian life? Meet with a VA psychologist who can address your veteran-specific concerns and easily connect you to additional medical services.

Appointments are available at Student Counseling Services Fridays from 8-11 a.m.

If you are enrolled in VA Health Care, call Matt Kaler at (612) 467-2125 to make an appointment.

Student Counseling Services is located at:

340 Appleby Hall
128 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Other VA benefits

Compensation and pension

Home loans

Burial and memorials