Program and Curriculum Approval System (PCAS)
Welcome to the Program and Curriculum Approval System (PCAS)!
If this is your first time using the system, please review the information below before proceeding.
PCAS requires x.500 authentication. All U of M faculty and staff can VIEW PCAS entries. Special security approval and training is required to enter curricular changes in PCAS or to approve them.
- If you have been through training for the new PCAS and have problems logging in to the application to update or approve programs, contact the Help Desk at 612-301-4357 (1-HELP) choose option 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have not been through training and your college/department wants you to be authorized to enter or approve programs in PCAS, arrange for training at the Student Records Training Web site
Please note that because of the x.500 security requirements, there is now a timeout on the use of PCAS. If you have the application open for more than 30 minutes, you will be asked to sign in again.
If you have questions about the application, there are a number of resources available to assist you:
- The support team has prepared a manual that will help you with some of the new features in PCAS
- There is information about each of the fields in PCAS that can be retrieved by clicking on the field name. This will take you to a window that will describe the field and how it is used
- You can review the FAQ page for more information about some of the key features of the application.
- If you still have questions after reviewing these resources, call the Student Records Training Team at (612) 625-2803
- If you have difficulty opening the application, make sure you are using a browser and operating system supported by the University