Electronic Course Authorization System
Welcome to the Electronic Course Authorization System (ECAS)
The ECAS system will "time you out" every 30 minutes. If you have not saved your data, it could be lost. Be sure to save your work regularly!
If this is your first time using the system, please review the information below before proceeding.
Click here to ENTER ECAS NOW
ECAS requires x.500 authentication. All U of M faculty and staff can VIEW ECAS entries. Special security approval and training is required to enter courses in ECAS or to approve them.
- If you have been through training for the new ECAS and have problems logging in to the application to update or approve courses, contact the Help Desk at 612-301-4357 (1-HELP) choose option 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have not been through training and your college/department wants you to be authorized to enter or approve courses in ECAS, arrange for training at the Student Records Training Web site
Please note that because of the x.500 security requirements, there is now a timeout on the use of ECAS. If you have the application open for more than 30 minutes with no activity, you will be asked to sign in again.
If you have questions about the application, there are a number of resources available to assist you:
- The support team has prepared a MANUAL that will help you with some of the new features in ECAS
- There is information about each of the fields in ECAS that can be retrieved by clicking on the field name. This will take you to a window that will describe the field and how it is used
- You can review the FAQ page for more information about new features or changes from the old ECAS
- If you still have questions after reviewing these resources, call the Student Records Training Team at (612) 625-2803
- If you have difficulty opening the application, make sure you are using a browser and operating system supported by the University
Additional Resources Related to Data Conversion
The new ECAS pages you will see contain information formerly in several different locations. In converting data from the old ECAS to the new, our project team had to make a number of decisions about when to use PeopleSoft data, when to use data from old ECAS, and when data had to be entered from other sources. The following links will provide lists of courses that you may wish to consult if you have questions about how specific courses were converted:
- Courses that were in the old ECAS but were never offered after Fall 1999 and therefore were not converted to the new ECAS UNCONVERTED COURSE LIST
- Courses where there was a mismatch in dates between PeopleSoft and the old ECAS and therefore were manually converted MANUAL CONVERSION LIST
- Courses where our programs could not accurately predict year and/or term offered (i.e., where there was not a clear pattern in how this course was offered from fall 1999-spring 2004) DATES NOT PREDICTED LIST