Skip to main content

Enrollment/Degree Verification

You may need to officially certify enrollment for student loan deferment, insurance discounts, or for requests related to scholarships or visas. Outside agencies requesting enrollment verification will be provided with an official document from the University of Minnesota. Documentation of your enrollment will be attached to the request from the outside agency and should provide all required information.

Enrollment verification can include:

  • Enrollment (for all terms or only the most recent term)
    • For each term, enrollment will be listed as full-time, 3/4-time, half-time, or less than 1/2-time (no status listed if not enrolled)
  • Cumulative GPA and credits (for all terms or only the most recent term)
  • Expected graduation date (provided by the student)
  • Degree/Certificate awarded
  • Degree GPA (GPA as of the date your degree was conferred; available only for undergraduate degrees)

Obtain an Enrollment Verification

  • You can view and print your enrollment verification at any time by logging into MyU: Academics. *You must allow pop ups to view the printable enrollment verification. View how to guide for printing/sending enrollment verification.
  • You can request an enrollment verification be mailed to you or a third party by logging into MyU: Academics. View how to guide for printing/sending enrollment verification.
  • If you do not have access to request online you can submit an Enrollment/Degree Verification form via mail, fax, or email.
  • A third party requesting an enrollment and degree verification on a student’s behalf is able to obtain this information from the National Student Clearinghouse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at, or by calling (703) 742-4200, M-Th 9am-7pm, or Friday 9am-5pm Eastern Time. Note: The National Student Clearinghouse charges a minimal fee.

Verification FAQ

Read more about when you need a verification letter and the exceptions to verification guidelines.

Notarization or Apostille

Graduates who plan to work or further their education abroad may need to authenticate their degree, transcripts, and coursework in order that a foreign country, work authority, or institution recognizes the studies done at the University of Minnesota.