Skip to main content

Quick links

Final Grade Reporting FAQ

I don’t see my class. How can I enter grades?
If the class you are teaching is not listed in your Faculty Center, you should contact your department scheduler to verify that you have the proper permissions for the class.
How do I change grades that have been posted to students’ records?
Follow the instructions in this guide: How to change a grade.
Can I upload grades from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet?
Yes. First, you must save your spreadsheet as a .txt file. When you are ready to upload your file, click on the ‘grade upload’ button in the Grade Roster. For additional instructions, see the “How do I Upload” link on the Grade Roster in Faculty Center.
Why are grades due so soon after the end of the term? What happens if I don’t turn them in on time?
Students are always anxious to find out their grades for courses. In addition, a number of important processes depend on final grades. The impact of late grades can be very serious. Students may:
  • face probation or suspension by their college
  • face probation or suspension of financial aid
  • lose athletic eligibility
  • lose scholarships
  • face delay of graduation
  • face delay of tuition reimbursement
  • risk termination of Veteran's Administration benefits
  • risk loss of honors status
  • have their admission to a graduate program postponed
  • lose their good-student insurance discount
  • lose job opportunities
  • students who are teachers may be prevented from professional lane changes.
Can I approve a grade roster that doesn’t have all the grades entered?
No, all grades must be entered on a grade roster before it can be approved and then posted to students’ records. Any grade rosters that are not complete after the grading due date will be administratively approved, a NR (Not Reported) will be administratively entered for any students who do not have a grade entered, and grades will be posted to students’ records.
Can I use my phone or iPad to enter grades?
Yes, you can use a mobile device (tablet or phone) to enter grades. However, Faculty Center is not optimized for use with mobile devices, so using one may be less aesthetically pleasing and could present some anomalies.
Can I submit grades after the deadline?
Yes, but you will need to do so on a student by student basis. You will not be able to upload a spreadsheet or import your grades from Moodle. Follow the instructions in this guide to submit grades after the deadline: How to change a grade.
Can I transfer grades from Moodle?
Yes. Follow the instructions in this guide: Importing grades from Moodle.
What do I do if a student is on my grade roster who has never attended the class?
If a student has registered for a course, but has not completed any of the coursework, the appropriate grade for that student is "F." You may not leave this student's grade blank. You will not be allowed to approve your grade roster without entering a grade for each student on the roster.
What do I do if a student who attended my class isn’t on the grade roster?
If a student has been attending your class and completing the required work, but does not appear on your roster, then that student is not officially registered for the class. University policy states that students are not permitted to sit in classes for which they are not registered. You cannot request that the student be added to the course.
What are the recommended browsers for submitting grades?
The Office of Information Technology posts the official list of web browsers that work with PeopleSoft.