Final exam regulations, Spring 2015
Examinations except common examinations are given in the regularly scheduled classroom unless your instructor arranges for and announces a different room. Note to instructors: See Regulations Regarding Examinations, below.
Examination scheduling conflicts
You are required to take final examinations at the times shown. However, if you have examination conflicts or three (or more) final exams within one calendar day, you may request adjustment with your college office and with your instructor. Such a request must be presented at least two weeks before the examination period begins.
If you miss a final, an I, an F, or an N is recorded, depending upon your standing at the time. To make up the exam, you must obtain the instructor's permission.
Regulations regarding examinations
- There shall be no variations from the University final examination schedule except by concurrence of the dean of the college and the director of scheduling. This prohibition also precludes moving a final examination from a scheduled time to study day or to the last or earlier meetings of the class, except laboratory final examinations which cannot be held in accordance with the regular final examination schedule.
- All department requests for adjustment of final examination hours should be made online on ASR Form 163 by March 6 to permit publication of the change and orderly consideration of hardships. Additional common examinations may be requested on the same online form, which also includes room request information.
- Instructors requesting any variation from the official examination schedule must agree to give a special make-up examination to any student having examination conflicts or three (or more) examinations in one calendar day because of the change in hours.
- Arranged examinations and authorized variations in published hours shall conform with the hour-periods shown in the examination schedules.
- Each college shall assume responsibility for making arrangements to spread out examinations for students who have three (or more) examinations scheduled in one calendar day.
- The following courses have been approved for a three hour final examination:
- AEM 2011, 2012, 2021, 3031;
- Math 1001, 1031, 1051, 1142, 1151, 1155, 1271, 1272, 1371, 1372, 1571H, 2243, 2263, 2373, 2573H, 2374, Math 3592H, 3593H;
- Physics: all courses;
- PubH 3001, 3003, 3004;
Departments are also encouraged to request alternate seating only when it is necessary for proper administration of the exam. Requests for rooms for alternate seating must be submitted by the department office via the online ASR 123 form.
All ASR 123 forms should be submitted online on or before March 6 . Notification of room assignments for all ASR 123 forms received by March 6 will be sent to departments on or before April 15 .
- University Senate policy decrees that no extracurricular events which require the participation of students may be scheduled from the beginning of study day to the end of finals week. Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the Senate Committee on Educational Policy. The Senate advises all faculty members that students who are unable to complete course requirements during finals week shall be provided an alternative and timely opportunity to do so.