How to upload grades to the Web grades system
Step 1 - Choose your file format.
You may upload a Microsoft Excel file, or a text (.txt) file that contains comma-delimited data.
- The file should be formatted so that the student's ID is in the first column and the student's grade is in the second column.
- If an F or N grade is entered in the 2nd column, the last date of participation should be entered in a third column (see examples below).
- When you enter the Last Date of Participation for F or N grades, you must enter the date in this format: MM/DD/YYYY.
- If you’re using Excel, don’t forget to remove column headings.
Sample Excel File
If you are creating a text (.txt) file, keep the fields in the same order: EMPLID, GRADE, LAST DATE OF PARTICIPATION.
- Each field must be separated by a comma and only a comma - not a space or tab.
- Dates entered for Last Date of Participation date must be exactly 10 characters in length, and in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Note: the space/tab delimited upload file is no longer available
Sample Comma Delimited Text
Step 2 - Browse to select your file
Step 3: If your file is ready for uploading, click the “Browse” button.
Step 4: Use the Operating System’s Open dialog box to navigate to the correct file location.
Example from MS Windows XP
Example from Mac OS X
Step 5: With the appropriate file selected, click “Upload.”
- If the upload is successful, a confirmation message will display on the top of the Grade Roster page.
Step 6: Review the Grades. Click “Submit to Registrar” when all grades are entered.